Skip to main content

Health Assessments

You should have your Initial Health Assessment (IHA) within four weeks of being placed in care. This is done by a doctor.

After this you’re given a yearly Review Health Assessment (RHA) which can be done by a Health Visitor/School Nurse or Looked After Children’s Nurse.  

The health assessments are done to identify your needs and to make sure that your carer can access treatment for you such as the dentist or opticians. This is all written down in your Health Plan which is given to your social worker and carers.

There are lots of people you can talk to about your health such as:

  • your parents
  • foster carer
  • social worker
  • school nurse
  • doctor